Knights of the Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEADSTART KICK-OFF PLAN

4 posters

Go down

HEADSTART KICK-OFF PLAN Empty HEADSTART KICK-OFF PLAN

Post by The Unbunny Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:49 am

In order to maximize influence earned early on, most of us have agreed to play humans with different personal stories so that we can work together and gain bonus influence for helping each other with their personal story lines. We want to generate a healthy amount of influence and have it invested well so that by Game Launch we have credentials to use in recruiting efforts.

Our plan to spend influence is laid out in a spread-sheet here and we want to get atleast as far as the first three full days by the launch date. An errant assumption when creating that spreadsheet was that Headstart would begin Friday at noon Pacific time instead of at midnight, so that sets us back 12 hours worth of influence gathering. If we can raise 500 influence in the first 8 hours, from midnight to 8:00 am Saturday morning (Pacific time) then we can still complete Architecture I and the Guild Workshop by launch which will leave us in good shape.

If someone can determine how to bind a hot-key to autosend a recruiting message in all-chat, that would be helpful; then we can all agree on recruiting message content and recruit while we collect influence. Part of the plan is to successfully recruit four new, productive members during Headstart.

Back to the Kick-Off Plan!

NameRaceClassCasteRegretProfession 1Profession 2
?Blondie Ravenette?Human?Elementalist?
Danse RusseHuman Engineer CommonerSisterHuntsman
Bug (?T O M B?)HumanNecromancer
Malachi RavenscroftHumanGuardianNoble ArmorsmithWeaponsmith
Mistress Naomie
Mrs UnbunnyHumanRanger
The UnbunnyHumanWarriorStreet RatParentsCookJeweler

NOTE: The things between question marks above are guesses based on things I think I remember they did in earlier BETAs. Please feel free to change it or post changes to this thread or whatever.

Last edited by Ravenscroft on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed personal details)
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

HEADSTART KICK-OFF PLAN Empty Re: HEADSTART KICK-OFF PLAN

Post by Bored Teddy Bear Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:13 pm

I've changed a bit. I will start by creating all my characters to make sure I can get all of the names, then playing with my human for the purposes of doing as much as possible with the guild. (Though at this rate, there are going to be a lot of things taking precedence.) My human probably won't be my main. I can be marked down for Lyka Bauss, human, (class undecided), commoner, sister. Profession..I haven't been enjoying professions to the degree others have so I'll probably be a bit slow with it, so that'd also be N/A.
Bored Teddy Bear
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:36 am

I was confused as I read this because I had remember the official launch date being on a Monday rather than the true launch time on Tuesday the 28th. Still a good date for headstart because it doesnt put those of us who work in the position of wanting to suddenly have a head cold lol.

We should probably stress in the first post that the choice to start all human characters was largely coincidental and convenient and is in no way a requirement or expectation of members. I will likely start my Norn that weekend as well to get him initiated but will be playing my human until at least level 30 before giving in to my ranger love.

I need to give the guardian a fair shake before I abandon him as my favorite class since he only went to level 12 in betas, and the game really breaks loose in the 20s.

I am so excited about this launch, I cannot wait.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks Bunny
Bored Teddy Bear
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:06 pm

I'm just going to keep changing things on mine so I'll just edit it when I finally make a decision... In other words, when the character has been made
Bored Teddy Bear
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieJess Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:17 pm

I've changed my mind 6 times, so I'm with Bear Smile
BlondieJess
BlondieJess
Duchess of Design
Duchess of Design

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:44 pm

I propose that this thread no longer needs to be a sticky topic.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 am

I would agree, but I think maybe we should have a sticky with all our main names, class, race (maybe organization affiliation too?) listed and keep it updated with Footman+ names. Anyone have an objection to that? I'd certainly be the one to maintain it as well as I can, since I put it out there.
Bored Teddy Bear
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:35 am

That could be rolled into the existing sticky with chatID's present in this forum. I agree it is a good idea.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieJess Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Go, Bear, go!
BlondieJess
BlondieJess
Duchess of Design
Duchess of Design

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:16 pm

I have built a starting point for this idea but the maintenance will be more complicated than I feel it should be because doing tables in the forum amounts to a huge coding mess. It is doable certainly, but it isnt as simple as clicking on a cell and entering the information, you have to look for the appropriate gap in the code string.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:20 pm

I can see Bunny's got it sorted. I don't think the coding will really be too much of an issue personally. If we have issues, Bunny certainly knows what he's doing and can help us out. At least, that's what I gather from things at this moment. Is that accurate?
Bored Teddy Bear
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:03 am

Bunny made the table at the top of this topic which outlined our game starting intentions.

I wrote the Table in the GW2 Member Information topic which is where I envision us collecting all of this relevant information. I did this by editing his original post though so I can see where that confusion came up. With no disrespect intended toward Bunny, I have modified that topic to have my post show all of that information as the content and meaning of his first post has been combined into the work I did at the office today. short version - I deleted his post and reposted under my name.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unbunny Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:00 am

None taken, I'd lost interest. In fact this topic has long since lost its importance
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down