Knights of the Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uploading screenshots from Photoshop to HERO forum

4 posters

Go down

Uploading screenshots from Photoshop to HERO forum Empty Uploading screenshots from Photoshop to HERO forum

Post by Robyn of Hood Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:10 pm

I have been taking screenshots of me at Vistas (sometimes w/guildies) and would like to start posting them, but no matter which method I use (host an image - link), I cannot get them to the forum. If someone knows how to accomplish this, I would appreciate your help. Thanks

Robyn of Hood

Back to top Go down

Uploading screenshots from Photoshop to HERO forum Empty Re: Uploading screenshots from Photoshop to HERO forum

Post by Ravenscroft Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:27 pm

We disabled hosting of images from our site itself due to size constraints. But you can post them to a website like photobucket Photobucket
or the one I use, ImageShack
http://imageshack.us/

once you upload an image to your account at one of these sites you ought to be able to find a share on forum url link or something similar that will allow you to post the photo to the forums.

in image shack it gives me a list of url links that i can copy and paste from to place an image in a forum post.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Uploading screenshots from Photoshop to HERO forum Empty Re: Uploading screenshots from Photoshop to HERO forum

Post by BlondieJess Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:35 pm

You can also establish an account with www.servimg.com through the forum itself. There's a little button right above the forum text box that says "host an image" and it lets you upload to your personal account, and then you can copy/paste the IMG code from the middle box into the forum post.

(I usually use the resize thing that says "800 px width (for forums) to resize so my pictures aren't huge, too)
BlondieJess
BlondieJess
Duchess of Design
Duchess of Design

Back to top Go down

Post by Robyn of Hood Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:28 pm

I neglected to say that I opened an account with Photobucket. I had no problem uploading the pics from my puter to that account but I cannot figure out how to get the photos from there to the forum. I tried copying the url and putting it in "host an image" and "link," but no luck in either case.

Robyn of Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieJess Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:21 pm

You'll want to copy/paste the code that looks like this, but without spaces: [img ] link/url [/ img]

It'll be underneath your uploaded file when you hover over it in Photobucket.
BlondieJess
BlondieJess
Duchess of Design
Duchess of Design

Back to top Go down

Post by Robyn of Hood Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:31 am

Uploading screenshots from Photoshop to HERO forum Gw225_zps183f3ba5
This is a test

Robyn of Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Robyn of Hood Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:33 am

YIPEE... not to worry, next test is scaling down bounce

EEK, it is Photobucket... not Photoshop.

I went into view source on the pic in Photobucket and saw that the width is 1024. I tried to edit it but could not. When I looked in help on how to edit size, the only edit information was for "bloat" and "pinch." Not sure where to go to make the pics smaller. So, Blondie, would you walk me thru that process?? Thanks.

BTW, thank u and Raven for all the good info. cheers

Last edited by Robyn of Hood on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:43 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : more information)

Robyn of Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieJess Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Photobucket is (apparently) testing out a new appearance. Before I steer you to the wrong place, is your screen dark blue across the top, or does it have a big wide black bar with a cartoony camera in the top left corner?

BlondieJess
BlondieJess
Duchess of Design
Duchess of Design

Back to top Go down

Post by Robyn of Hood Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:02 am

It's black with a cartoony camera

Robyn of Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieJess Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Ok cool.

In the black bar, click Edit, and then pick the picture you want to resize. At the bottom left there will be a button with two circles that says Adjustment...click that and then Resize.

I usually aim for around 800 wide x 600 high for the forum.

I think from here it's pretty simple. Save it and do the [IMG ] copy/paste like before, and you should have a screenshot in the forum Smile

BlondieJess
BlondieJess
Duchess of Design
Duchess of Design

Back to top Go down

Post by Robyn of Hood Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:12 am

Further testing via satellite.....

Uploading screenshots from Photoshop to HERO forum Gw208_zps0e88a20d

Robyn of Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Robyn of Hood Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:15 am

Well, phoey... i resized the pic to 450x253 (i typed in the 450 and the 253 was added by Photobucket). So, I don't know how to get the size small enough. Any thots?

I made another attempt at resizing, but there was no difference in the size when i put it on the forum. After I resized the pic in Photoshop, i clicked on "Apply," checked the box "replace original" and clicked on "Save." I am stymied. Interestingly, tho, this pic seems to be bigger that the original post even tho I supposedly made it smaller in PB.

I went into view source again and the dimensions are the same as the original, so it appears my resizing only works on the pic while it is in Photobucket.

Robyn of Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unbunny Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:14 pm

I wouldnt worry about downscaling. Just post it as you did in the first picture. If photobucket has hosted it for you, the problem of storage space has been settled. The only remaining question is how to show it here so that it is satisfactorily viewable. For that purpose, the bigger the better!
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robyn of Hood Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 am

Ok, im officially confused. When i first posted the pic of the three of us, it was huge. Now, it appears, that it has been properly resized. Well, I will continue with my efforts and see what can be accomplished. What a Face

Robyn of Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down