Knights of the Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:14 pm

The Founders of the Knights of the Realm, in Order to form a better Guild, establish Justice, ensure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common Communication, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Camaraderie to ourselves and our Posterity, ordain and establish this Charter for the Knights of the Realm.

Last edited by The Scrivenesse on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Scribe
The Scribe

Location : In the Archives and Catcombs of the Realm. You'll never see me, but you'll see my work!

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article I, Section 1 - Duke and Duchess rank established, replacement and removal provided for.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:26 pm

The Duke/Duchess (D/D) rank are the senior Officers of HERO and shall consist of not more than four who shall serve for life. Initial membership shall consist of the three founding Members. There is no Requirement that there be more than one member of this Rank at any given time.

In the event a D/D ceases to serve for any reason, replacement shall be at the pleasure of the remaining D/Ds. Future D/Ds shall be chosen from existing members of the HERO Guild who have and actively use accounts on the Guild's forum and VoIP server, subject to acceptance by the Selectee.

Demotion of a D/D shall be at the discretion of the remaining D/Ds in council by such method as they shall deem appropriate.

Last edited by The Scrivenesse on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
The Scribe
The Scribe

Location : In the Archives and Catcombs of the Realm. You'll never see me, but you'll see my work!

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article I, Section 2 - Baron and Baroness rank established, replacement and removal provided for.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:27 pm

The Baron/Baroness (B/B) rank are the junior Officers of HERO and shall consist of not more than a set number as set forth in the Currently Agreed upon Policy for Promotion as published by the D/Ds (CAPP), and who shall serve at their pleasure.

In the event a B/B ceases to serve for any reason, replacement shall be at the pleasure of the D/Ds. There is no requirement that there be any B/Bs at any given time. B/Bs shall be chosen from existing members of the HERO Guild who have and actively use accounts on the Guild's forum and VoIP server, subject to acceptance by the Selectee.

To the maximum extent practicable and at the pleasure of the D/Ds, B/Bs shall be chosen to reflect the composition of the Guild at large with respect to PvE, PvP, and such other play interests as may arise.

Demotion shall be at the discretion of the combined D/Ds in council except where urgency and necessity compel action by a single D/D. In the event of such solo executive action, judicial review shall be by the combined D/Ds in council as soon as reasonably practicable, and the demotee shall be entitled to a defense against the reason given for the impeachment/demotion. If executive action is overturned, it shall be reversed subject to agreement by said council and acceptance by the offended Party.

Last edited by The Scrivenesse on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article I, Section 3 - Lord and Lady rank established, removal provided for.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:31 pm

The Lord/Lady (L/L) rank is a courtesy rank and shall consist of otherwise untitled Spouses of D/Ds and B/Bs and of such otherwise untitled members as the combined D/Ds in council shall choose to honor, subject to acceptance by the Honoree. The L/Ls occupy a position of special trust by virtue of spousal connection or longstanding Faith and Respect.

Divesting a L/L of this Honor shall be at the discretion of the combined D/Ds in council except where urgency and necessity compel action by a single D/D. In the event of such solo executive action, judicial review shall be by the combined D/Ds in council as soon as reasonably practicable, and the divested shall be entitled to a defense against the reason given for the divestiture. If executive action is overturned, it shall be reversed subject to agreement by said council and acceptance by the offended Party. Due cause may be as simple as demotion of the Spouse. While no fault would be found in the L/L in such a case, the reasons for establishment of this rank would no longer be served by their membership.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article I, Section 4 - Knight and Dame rank established, removal provided for.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:35 pm

The Knight/Dame (K/D) rank are the senior non-Officers of HERO and shall consist of as many as shall be deemed worthy and necessary. K/Ds shall serve at the pleasure of the several (individual) D/Ds and B/Bs.

K/Ds shall be chosen from existing members of the HERO Guild by any Officer, subject to the (CAPP).

Demotion shall be at the discretion of the several Officers according to the CAPP. Solo executive action shall be sufficient; however the demoted may request judicial review in writing in the Forums. Such review will be by a Tribunal of not less than 3 other Officers at a time convenient to the demoted. If the demotion was by a D/D, one member of the Tribunal shall be a D/D. The demoted may request that one member of the Tribunal be a Knight, this request should be made in the initial request for review. The demoted shall be entitled to a defense against the reason given for demotion. In the event the demotion is overturned by the Tribunal, the demotion shall be reversed subject to acceptance by the offended Party.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article I, Section 5 - Squire rank established, removal provided for.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:41 pm

The Squire rank are the middle non-Officers of HERO and shall consist of as many as shall be deemed worthy and necessary subject to the CAPP.

Squires shall be appointed from existing members of the HERO Guild by any Officer or K/D subject to the CAPP. Squires shall serve at the pleasure of the appointing Official.

Demotion shall be at the discretion of the several Officers or the appointing K/D according to the CAPP. Solo executive action shall be sufficient, however the demoted may request review in writing in the forums. Such review will be conducted according to the CAPP.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article I, Section 6 - Footman rank established, removal provided for.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:41 pm

The Footman rank are the rank and file of HERO and shall consist of whom-so-ever is invited to be a Peasant and shows him/herself not to be so unworthy as to merit summary eviction while still a Peasant. Footmen shall remain members of HERO at the pleasure of the several Officers, L/Ls, K/Ds, and Squires.

Footmen shall be appointed from among the Peasant rank by any Officer, L/L, K/D, or Squire subject to the CAPP.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article I, Section 7 - Peasant rank established, removal provided for.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:42 pm

The Peasant rank is a purgatory rank where prospective members of HERO are observed for their Character for a minimum set period of time according to the CAPP, unless waved by the combined D/Ds in council.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article I, Section 8 - 'cause you never know!

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Just in case...
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article II - Legislative Powers assigned

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Legislative actions are those actions concerning the crafting of laws, including negotiation among divided parties to reach consensus. These powers are all vested in the D/Ds and shared as described below except in the case of Amendments.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article II, Section 1 - The Court defined, membership established, general and special Meetings established, recorder duties required, Adjournment provided for.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:52 pm

The Court is; first, any meeting in which Guild Business is conducted; second, the assembly of members invited to participate (Courtiers); third, the forum on the website where Court Business is confidentially discussed; and fourth, the VoIP channel where meetings and Court Business are confidentially conducted.

The combined D/Ds in council shall form the basis of The Court. When deemed appropriate, the B/Bs, and such special Officers as may be appointed may be invited. A quorum shall be more than half the available D/Ds. Attendance is not compulsory; however rank exists to serve the Guild rather than the Guild existing to give status to rank.

L/Ls exist as a courtesy rank in part because it is understood that, as untitled Spouses of Officers or as members in such high standing, they will naturally be privy to Court information from time to time, and correspondingly have run of The Court on forum and in VoIP. L/Ls are invited as Courtiers as befits the rank of their Spouse, but shall not vote except when voting their Spouse’s proxy. Honorary L/Ls may be invited individually to such meetings as the D/Ds see fit. L/Ls may, from time to time, be invited to participate in discussion at the pleasure of the President (Chairman); their opinions are usually as well informed as their Spouse’s or, in the case of honorary L/Ls, any Officer in the Guild.

Regular meetings will be held according to a Schedule published by the D/Ds, special meetings will be scheduled as need arises. Regular meetings shall include the B/Bs and any special Officers as may be appointed, and shall be scheduled to permit the greatest number of Courtiers to normally attend. Each President will be established when the meeting is scheduled and published concurrently. Meetings will be conducted in a manner established by the President. All Courtiers are expected to conduct themselves civilly as indicated by the President regardless of their rank or of the perceived impropriety of the manner in which Business is conducted. Failure/refusal to behave as required by the President may become grounds for Demotion as described earlier, or such lesser action as The Court may deem appropriate.

In the event a Recorder is appointed, he/she shall record all significant events at all meetings in The Court Record, a continuous forum set up for that purpose. Lacking a Recorder, at a minimum, all votes in all meetings and the results will be recorded there.

Adjournment shall be at the pleasure of the President, but shall not be until all questions have been resolved or tabled (formally postponed for resolution later). Any question may be tabled by the agreement of the majority of the Courtiers present and entitled to vote on it.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article II, Section 2 - Duties, Rights, and Responsibilities of Courtiers specified.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Any Courtier may bring a question when the President opens the floor to new Business. Any question brought will be reviewed by the D/Ds present to determine what the appropriate level is to resolve the question. If it is determined that resolution is appropriate at a level higher than currently convened, the question is tabled until an appropriate meeting can be scheduled. Questions shall be resolved by a simple majority of Courtiers present except when amending this document, then Article V shall govern the process.

Any Courtier may raise an objection to any procedure, except the tabling of a single question, at any time. The objection shall be civilly handled in such manner as the President shall deem appropriate.

No member of HERO shall be entitled to compensation for service rendered.

All Officers, K/Ds and Squires are responsible to hold the good of the Guild above personal benefit when acting in any official capacity.

Courtiers shall keep confidential all matters discussed in Court until the information is deemed public.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article II, Section 3 - The Court Record.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:55 pm

When an act of The Court establishes method of conduct of any Business in HERO, it shall be amended to the relevant document (for instance, the CAPP or the Court Schedule).
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article II, Section 4 - Powers, Limits and Restrictions of The Court.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:58 pm

The power of The Court is limited primarily by good judgment and the best service to the Guild.

Any member of HERO may request administrative correction of any situation for which he/she believes there is just cause in writing on the forum provided. Determination of just cause and appropriate resolution are matters for The Court at a level to be determined by the D/Ds based on the nature of the request. The resolution shall be posted along with all reasoning as a reply to the request, forming a case-law Library.

No incident may be brought up a second time once resolved by The Court, except where it may be shown that The Court has disobeyed its own Rules. This limitation does not prevent similar requests being made regarding different incidents.

No act targeting a single member or select group of members shall be passed, nor shall acts be deemed to have effect on events before its adoption.

There shall be no taxes enacted; no member shall be compelled to contribute in any way to the general benefit of the Guild except as required otherwise by an accepted promotion.

Disposition of the Guild Resources, and Guild Influence shall be the responsibility of the D/Ds, but shall not be undertaken without the consent of The Court. Appropriations must be enacted by The Court during a regular meeting or at a special meeting arranged by The Court during a regular meeting. Such approval is not required for the Activation of Built Upgrades. Appropriations, being voting matters, shall be published for open scrutiny by any member.

Last edited by The Scrivenesse on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article II, Section 5 - 'cause you never know!

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Just in case...
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article III - Executive Power defined.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Executive actions are those actions concerning carrying out and enforcing Guild laws, rules, and policies.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article III, Section 1 - Executive Power restrained, vested, compensation denied, Officials minded to conduct.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

All members exercising executive authority shall do so with restraint and compassion to best of their ability. The executive component of authority is a tool to serve the general membership, not a weapon for selfish purpose.

Executive power shall be vested in the D/Ds and shared as described below.

No member of HERO shall be entitled to compensation for service rendered.

Officers, K/Ds, and Squires, each having a measure of executive power, must be mindful of the fact they represent leadership in HERO and are expected to exhibit no conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the Guild.

Last edited by The Scrivenesse on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article III, Section 2 - Ducal Authority, Responsibilities, and Restrictions.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:09 pm

D/Ds, as the ranking members of HERO, when in any in-game party action with other members of HERO, are responsible to determine the optimal actions for the greatest benefit of all party members, possibly including delegating leadership to a junior member who may be better able to lead in the given situation. In the event no Duke is present in a given party, this responsibility falls to the ranking member of the party. No person who is a member of an in-game party shall be compelled to remain a member of such party beyond their will.

A Duke/Duchess may form alliances with other Guilds with the consent of The Court consisting of the B/Bs and above.

The combined D/Ds in council, as the leaders of HERO, are responsible to provide vision and direction for the Guild. Every viable means at their disposal shall be used as frequently as shall seem advantageous to cast and reinforce the agreed upon vision for the benefit of the Guild. Subordinate ranks are responsible to understand that vision, edify it, and so far as they are able, promote it.

The D/Ds are responsible for convening, presiding over, and adjourning all meetings of The Court.

The D/Ds and all subordinate ranks are responsible for enforcement of Guild policy and rules. Enforcement may be as simple as noting infractions and quietly correcting the offending member, or as bold as calling for an Impeachment. Having no means to directly compel behavior, members of all ranks are minded to recognize their Limitations and use simple, effective methods rather than dramatic, ineffective ones.

The D/Ds are responsible for administering the forum and the VoIP server, maintaining the Guild rank structure, establishing and maintaining the Guild Emblem, claiming and relinquishing WvW forts, queuing influence Purchases and modifying Purchases in progress, activating built upgrades, administering all ranks, editing the Message of the Day in game, the Portal Message on the website, and the Welcome Message on VoIP, and making dispensations from the Treasury according to Appropriations approved by the Court, and to moderate VoIP and the forums.

Last edited by The Scrivenesse on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article III, Section 3 - Baronial Authority, Responsibilities, and Restrictions.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:10 pm

In addition to Responsibilities for leadership provided in section 2 of this article, when no D/D is available, the B/Bs are responsible for claiming and relinquishing WvW forts, and activating built upgrades. B/Bs are responsible for administering lower ranks, and are authorized to edit the Message of the Day in game, the Portal Message on the website, and the Welcome Message on VoIP, and to make authorized dispensations from the Treasury according to Appropriations approved by the Court, and to moderate VoIP and the forums where they have permissions set to do so.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article III, Section 4 - Lords and Ladies Responsibility.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 pm

L/Ls have no standing authorities, or powers beyond administering lower ranks; their position is granted of necessity based on their routine and ready access to confidential information. The Title reminds the Holder to be mindful of their sole Responsibility; to keep private all information they may be privy to which has not yet been deemed public.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article III, Section 5 - Knights and Dames Authority, Responsibilities, and Restrictions.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:13 pm

In addition to Responsibilities for leadership provided in section 2 of this article, the K/Ds are responsible for administering lower ranks and to moderate VoIP and the forums where they have permissions set to do so.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article III, Section 6 - Squires Authority, Responsibilities, and Restrictions.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:14 pm

In addition to Responsibilities for leadership provided in section 2 of this article, the Squires are responsible for administering lower ranks and to moderate VoIP and the forums where they have permission set to do so.

Last edited by The Scrivenesse on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article III, Section 7 - Special Officers authorized and limited.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:16 pm

The combined D/D’s in council may appoint special Officers which shall serve at the pleasure of the combined D/D’s in council. The authority and power of such Officers shall be well defined and strictly executive. No special Officer shall have any legislative or judicial authority except with the approval of The Court consisting of the D/Ds and the B/Bs.

Examples of special Officers may include but need not be limited to the following:

Recorder (or Scribe, or such other title as may be chosen at the time of Appointment) whose Responsibilities might include keeping of minutes at meetings and recording the raising and resolution or tabling of all questions, passage of acts including appropriations, and such other events as The Court may direct, and publication of those in such places as may be duly prescribed.

Counselor General (or Inquisitor, Persecutor, or such other title,...) whose Responsibilities might be to represent the Guild at large in all cases where such representation may be required, including Judicial matters for or against the Guild at large.

Master at Arms (or Executioner or such other title,…) whose Duties might include maintenance of good order in meetings on behalf of the President. In general, this would include calling the meeting to order and announcing the adjournment of the meeting, but might also include any other tasks the President deems necessary.

Special Officers may be impeached for good cause by any K/D or above who shall make the case for the impeachment before The Court. Such impeachment shall be heard by The Court constituted in the manner of the original appointment, before which the impeached shall be allowed to make a defense.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article IV - Judicial Power defined.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Judicial actions are those actions concerning resolution of disputes in accordance with Guild Laws, Rules, and Policies.

Last edited by The Scrivenesse on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Charter of the Order; Article IV, Section 1 - Judicial Power vested, limited, Summary Authority granted, establishment of lesser Judiciary Bodies and appeals, D/Ds supreme, excusal provided, trials described.

Post by The Scribe Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Judicial power shall be vested in the D/Ds and shared as described below for all matters other than Impeachment/Demotion.

In no event shall the jurisdiction of The Court be construed to extend beyond the HERO Guild.

Summary jurisdiction to demote subordinate ranks is vested in all ranks K/Ds and above except where specific judiciary procedures are provided in Article 2.

Judicial authority over any matter other than Impeachment/Demotion may, at the pleasure of the D/Ds, be delegated to a single Officer who agrees to perform such duty as Judge, or delegated or appealed to a Tribunal of three officials who agree to perform such duty. In such cases, the decision of the judiciary shall have full faith and credit unless and until overturned at appeal.

The D/D's may agree to hear any appeal of any case what-so-ever at their pleasure.

In any case, any judiciary Official may be asked to excuse him/herself by any party in a case provided conflict of interests is substantiated by the requesting Party, on the Recognizance of the Official concerned.

The legislative, executive, and judicial powers not being separated to distinct bodies, trials are informal actions held ad-hoc at the pleasure of the Judiciary. Care shall be taken to ensure sufficient input from any suspected offender; this may be as simple as direct observation.
The Scribe
The Scribe

Back to top Go down

Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established Empty Re: Charter of the Order; Preamble - Purpose Established

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum