Knights of the Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GW2 STRESS TEST

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GW2 STRESS TEST - Page 2 Empty Re: GW2 STRESS TEST

Post by Ravenscroft Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:02 pm

lame
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:14 pm

definitely. I did get on eventually but it wouldn't let me log into my previous character. For some reason it was blocked. So was the Hall of Monuments when I tried to go there, which is apparently now up and available for visit via an item that is in the starter backpack. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, whether it was my firewall or their game preventing me from doing those things.

By the way, I used a tome of influence to test it (it arrived by mail). It gave approximately a thousand influence. So if that stays like that it's not too shabby.
Bored Teddy Bear
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unbunny Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:31 am

Your firewall would not block parts of an application; it would block all or nothing. Since you were able to change your credentials and play the game, your firewall is allowing GW2 traffic. The game is probably working as intended for others; if that is the case, the client and game are working. That leaves only your change of credentials as a clue. Your GW2 client was linked to your GW1 account via the e-mail address, changing that may well have severed the connection to GW2's database with your existing characters and to your GW1 Hall of Monuments.

The solution lies in a call to GW2 tech support and a calm recitation of the facts:
1. You have successfully played GW2 in the past without problems.
2. You have not changed your firewall, router, or ISP.
3. During this Stress Test, you exercised an option to change your login credentials.
4. You subsequently experienced trouble logging into the game at all.
5. After this was resolved, you were unable to play any existing characters (if you built any after the post-BWE2 wipe), and were unable to get to your Hall of Monuments.

These facts, expressed matter-of-factly and dispassionately (without passion) will provide Arenanet with the information they need to troubleshoot a possible coding error in their game software that deals with changing login credentials and maintaining the proper account association. I say all this as an accomplished software developer (yes, in 50 years I have a lot of accomplishments); it is only an educated guess, but it is where I believe the problem lies.

Good luck.
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks Bunny! I'll let everyone know what they say.
Bored Teddy Bear
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:59 pm

WE HAVE DANCES!!!!

"Kudos to Censtudios for beautifully showcasing the Guild Wars 2 dances and providing the ArenaNet team with a lot of laughs in the process! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~RB2"

And yes, I know I go off on random tangents...

Bored Teddy Bear
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Arena net has responded,

"Response Mitch via Email 08/22/2012 09:49 PM
Hey John,

Don't worry! We did our first public tests of the Hall of Monuments during the stress test and we are aware that there were some issues with the rewards not showing up, particularly when there was a recent email address change for the account. We're addressing those issues for the head start. I can't promise that there won't be any bumps in the road, but we are doing everything we can to make sure that the launch of Guild Wars 2 goes as smoothly as possible. If problems arise, we'll address them as promptly as possible. I double checked to make sure that your Guild Wars 1 and 2 accounts are linked and it looks like they are, and you're good to go once head start begins. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Mitch
Guild Wars Support Team"
Bored Teddy Bear
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unbunny Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:55 pm

I suspected they would be on top of this, but now you know it, first hand from them.
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 am

We will be conducting another stress test IN 10 MIN from 09:10 PM PDT to 10:10 PM PDT.

I have to sleep, I have class
Bored Teddy Bear
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unbunny Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:05 am

I got home from work and didn't have the game installed. I almost got it installed and updated in time. The last update for today is what kept me out.
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unbunny Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:15 am

I only missed it by 2 minutes. This new operating system downloaded 520+MB in less than 10 minutes,...

Seriously, Windows 8,...
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:29 am

I havent worried too much about the stress tests because I want my efforts to matter now. So I am super revved up for headstart =)
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2