Knights of the Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment announcement ideas

3 posters

Go down

Recruitment announcement ideas Empty Recruitment announcement ideas

Post by Ravenscroft Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:16 pm

I have made a point of trying to announce our guild for recruiting every 15 minutes or so while in a zone but I often get complacent. It is clear however that in this game we will not grow by simply being good people and working well with others. The game is too fast paced and incentivizes short alliances between players for the purposes of dynamic events, not lasting communications or camaraderie as we bulldoze through the world.

Therefore, I think that we will all need to make a conscious effort to announce our guild to the map chat as we play in order to attract potential recruits.

I have tried a number of different types of announcements and have tried putting the forum URL out there for people to investigate us, but i fear that may be a lost invitation. We likely need to come up with some short hooks to get people who have no guild interested in us as a group, at this point we dont have anything to offer that another guild does not as far as the game goes. Many guilds have numbers and influence spending far above ours and so we will have to focus on our personality and focus on the individual gamer.

This is one announcement I will be trying the next time I get online....
The Knights of the Realm need YOU! Join our casual and close knit crew in combating injustice and exploring Tyria. We have Mumble Voice Chat, forums, and a solid guild charter.

---
end rant

Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Recruitment announcement ideas Empty Re: Recruitment announcement ideas

Post by The Unbunny Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Your rationale is correct, I believe. I too will be conscientiously promoting our guild based on its non-game merits; Courage, Chivalry, Honor, Virtue. Wait, those seem familiar...
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Recruitment announcement ideas Empty Recruitment

Post by Robyn of Hood Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 pm

I hope it's not too late to post to this thread. I usually play with a person and watch how they do before I talk about the possibility of their joining HERO. The exception was Frost Songshadow (i got it right this time lol). I only talked to him about an alliance, and I have seen him regularly on our in-game roster. I confess I am conservative in my recruiting, but by watching them I get some idea of their abilities and feel more comfortable about inviting them. I invite comments and will change my recruiting methods if the court thinks that announcements are a better way to go.

Robyn of Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Recruiting period is a good thing so however it is done is fine with me. I havent bad much luck doing it the old fashioned personal way as robyn described due to the pace of the game. But I also dont see many lasting recruits from general announcements. people tend to fade away after joining or never become involved at all.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down