Knights of the Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An End to Culling

Go down

An End to Culling Empty An End to Culling

Post by Ravenscroft Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am curious to see how this impacts performance but it does address one of the number 1 complaints people tend to have in WvW as they can walk around a corner straight into an artificially invisible zerg.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

An End to Culling Empty Re: An End to Culling

Post by Ravenscroft Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:10 am

So far my experience with the culling changes have been very positive. I have my settings relatively low on how many people show up and how they show up, and it still looks really good. I can see some effects when i first make a mesmer clone in a fight as the clone appears for a second in a default skin before changing to look like me.

In average sized fights I see everyone and have no more lag than i did before. and it actually seems like I am running smoother now without the computer having to think about how many people to render and when. I seemed to get lag spikes before when a larger group would come into view as the game/system had to decide how to handle it.

Now the group seems to be rendered in a far more strictly managed fashion. I have witnessed the nameplate only option in some larger engagements and it has so far been a relatively pleasant option. you simply see the nameplate above an invisible character. you can see it moving around as if there was someone there, but they just are not visible. This means that in large fights you can still know how many you are facing and attempt to even target those invisible characters. But of course you will be limited in not knowing what class they are or seeing what they are truly doing.

I believe my settings are both on the lower side of the sliders though and I have only experienced it once or twice on eternal battlegrounds.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum