Lily's Weekly Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lily's Weekly Question

Post by The Unbunny on Wed May 30, 2012 3:15 pm

WOW. Tough one. Ummmm,

I don't think mine would be an object, per sae. Mrs Unbunny and I have actually spent time discussing this in the wake of a series of sermons on idolatry by our Pastor (yes, we are Christians). I do not say any of this to pontificate, only to join the spirit of this discussion which is to share about ourselves!

We decided that if we hit a lottery, our biggest expenditure would be on-going charitable gifts.

For me personally that works out to be an adoption. Girls have the worst time getting adopted out of the Foster Care system, and teen-agers have the worst time age-wise; a teen-age girl in the foster care system is basically doomed to stay there until she is 18 and can sign herself out. The problem is, she needs devoted parents who are in her corner and care more about her than they do any other child on the planet, especially in her teen years. My buddy, Vince, then a Chief in the Coast Guard, had a 14yo girl he was at wits-end as to how to deal with. We took her as our house-guest for the summer and after the first two weeks we had a wonderful time. She grew, she opened up, she cared about more than just herself, she began to receive gracefully as well as give. It was a totally reqarding experience.

So if I had a no-limit budget, I would buy, "Adopt a teen-aged girl and make her whole life not suck anymore."

Last edited by Big_Bad_Bunny on Wed May 30, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error.)
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft on Wed May 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Right now it would be a house, followed quickly by 2 great computers.
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear on Wed May 30, 2012 7:38 pm

The trademark to Justin Beiber's music so that I could put an end to this madness.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Assuming that I can only buy one item and would go back to my current state after obtaining that item, I would have to find something that would give me a large amount of constant income. That way afterward, I would still have a great number of resources, so I would actually be able to do more than one thing I would really like to do with it.

I'd have to do research on owning what patent, trademark, stock, company, or something along those lines that would give me the greatest income and resources, but with the greatest amount of flexibility, so that I could use the less than infinite but still great and now constant amount income and resources on multiple other things through time.

This is all assuming that I couldn't use the money to get a company or an invention of my own (which I would also have to research and plan out) into the position of the thing I would have to buy to get this income.

That trademark doesn't seem like such a bad idea now..
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieJess on Wed May 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Ravenscroft wrote:Right now it would be a house, followed quickly by 2 great computers.

Cash for a perfect house in a perfect school district with all the tweaks and upgrades I'd want to make when we moved in.

New furniture for said house.

Computers that would run GW2 on super duper ultra graphics settings without breaking a sweat.

My SUV. Heck, I'd even buy the expensive SUV I drool over every time I see it.
BlondieJess
Duchess of Design
Duchess of Design

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomie on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:51 pm

I think that I would buy a personal fitness trainer someone who will encourage and be with me every pound, I have a low self esteem and wish to look better then what I do, and would like to be told that I am looking good all the time....That would be nice
Oh.... and a tan cause I am vampire white lol
Naomie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top