The First Official HERO CHALLENGE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The First Official HERO CHALLENGE

Post by The Unbunny on Wed May 30, 2012 2:51 pm

The date of the contest is: as soon as the game launches (not headstart, actual official launch)!

The gist of the contest is: design the GW2 HERO Guild Emblem!
Guild Wars 2 Wiki wrote:
Guild emblem

The emblem consists of a 2-color foreground symbol overlaid onto a 1 color background symbol. The colors for each can be selected from a small set of available colors. This emblem will be engraved on guild armor and weapons.

To create your own guild emblem you need to spend guild influence to research the 'Guild Emblem Template' after first reaching level 1 in the Politics category, then go to a Guild registrar in any main city to design it.
In this video, feel free to IGNORE her "recommendations on how she would do it." She is not HERO and we dont care how she would do it; we are grateful for the time she took to make this very informative video. As for the parts where she remarks on all the "same emblems she isn't sure of," those are placeholders for future emblem designs.
Guild Wars 2 Wiki wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
How the contest will actually be conducted is uncertain, but I expect it to go like this:
Go to the registrar and run the guild emblem design app.
Design your emblem.
Take enough screen shots to show exacly which emblem, what background, how much background rotation (if any) and the chosen colors of each component of the emblem. Theoretically, this is possible in as few as 3 screen shots, but you may find you need more. This is fine.
Take one final screenshot that shows your emblem at is very best. This will be your actual entry.
Post your entry on the designated contest forum topic to be established after the game launches.
There will be a poll for the general membership to vote on the winning emblem.

A final formal contest posting will go up soon after the game goes live, so watch for it!
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Re: The First Official HERO CHALLENGE

Post by The Unbunny on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Contest rules have been updated. The winning emblem will be installed as the official emblem once the Guild Emblem Template is complete.
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unbunny on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:07 am

Hello everyone! It has been 3 weeks since GW2 launched and most of the kinks have been worked out. There are things about the game that need a bit of work here and there, but its awesome and getting better.

HERO is improving daily too. The Guild emblem asset is in place now and tested; we know how it does work and how it doesn't work. The contest announced above is launching today in a different thread. This one is closed.
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top