Knights of the Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GW2 Beta Reports

Go down

GW2 Beta Reports Empty GW2 Beta Reports

Post by Ravenscroft Tue May 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Big_Bad_Bunny

BETA WEEKEND REPORTS
1. It was possible during this beta to simply approach the Guild registrar as soon as we got to Divinity's Reach and set up the guild. No fees.

2. As far as I know, you must first party with a guildie for them to be able to invite you.

3. Humans are far more popular than Norn. Dont know about Charr yet. Human homeworlds are VERY heavily populated compared to Norn.

4. If you let your hands try to play GW2 based on what they learned from GW1, you will die. A lot.

5. Interract with the NPCs in town every chance you get, there is MUCH fun to be had exploring the interface.

6. Lag is bad in the Human play areas. If you can stomach it, try another race.

7. The character creation screen is amazing, I could spend hours there...

More later.

Lore

Re: BETA WEEKEND REPORTS
8.-figthing enemies 3 levels above you will result in death if you are not careful

9.- easter eggs/cameos appear quickly in some book carts: "oink adventures" and "joe the devourer: the untold story"

10.- if you are in the overflow server, you can still play and party with teammates, but if they are not in the overflow you cant see them, and you may be sent to overflow and your teammate not.

11.- unlock weapon skills happens relatively quickly, so buy all and unlock all quickly to have more variety later on

12.- crafters are found in the middle level, in the center ring section of divinity's reach for humans.

13.- to the left of your experience bar at the lowest left in a white/grey number is your level, the green number is your downgraded/down sidekicked "effective" level

14.- veteran mobs are equivalent to elite monsters and should be engaged in 2 or 3 people battles, if solo, with much caution.

15.- champion mobs are heroic equivalent mobs, large groups recommended, and if solo approach, recomended action is to do "banzai" (or excercise extreme caution)

Bored_Teddy_Bear

16- Slot six is always a healing skill and is available the moment you start the game.Utility skill slots (buttons 7, 8 and 9) are unlocked at levels 5, 10 and 20 respectively. The Elite skill slot is unlocked at 30.

17- Hold down the control key and right click on any skill in the skill bar in order to set to auto-cast.

18- Conditions stack for the amount of time they are inflicted. Example- If vulnerability (-X of defense) is inflicted by the necromancer's #1 axe skill multiple times in a row it can stack up to 6 vulnerability (-6 times X defense) (X=a number)

19- Items and skills can be pinged into the chat- I do not recall exactly how, and cannot find instructions on how to do so. I believe it is by holding alt and right clicking the item or skill

20- Weapon swapping is unlocked at level 7 and is highly recommended, especially when getting into higher level game play. When weapons are swapped you are given a fresh set of skills while the other skills are on cool down (The other skill set will cool down while you are using the new one). Swapping weapons currently has a 5 second cool down in combat and none outside of combat. Switching between weapons of the same type will not give a fresh set of the same skills.

21- Some skills will change automatically to another when used. Examples: Necromancer's Summon Blood Fiend changes to a skill that sacrifices it. Necromancer Scepter main hand skill #1 Goes from Blood curse (Bleed 7 seconds, range 900, no cool down) to Rending Curse (Bleed 7 seconds bleeding range 900, no cool down, stacks with the first skill) then to Putrid Curse (Poison 2 seconds, range 900, no cool down) then the cycle restarts. Note that when the cycle starts again. Note that any conditions caused that overlap will stack.

Some of these may be confusing as they can be difficult for me to explain. Feel free to send me a private message for clarification, and if everyone needs the same thing clarified I will add another post trying to do so.

Big_Bad_Bunny

Lore wrote:
15.- champion mobs are heroic equivalent mobs, large groups recommended, and if solo approach, recomended action is to do "banzai" (or excercise extreme caution)

If you BANZAI a Champion by yourself, make sure you have the money to pay for the respawn and the armor repairs!

Lore

Bored_Teddy_Bear wrote:
20- Weapon swapping is unlocked at level 7 and is highly recommended, especially when getting into higher level game play. When weapons are swapped you are given a fresh set of skills while the other skills are on cool down (The other skill set will cool down while you are using the new one). Swapping weapons currently has a 5 second cool down in combat and none outside of combat. Switching between weapons of the same type will not give a fresh set of the same skills.

that may be only for warrior classes, did you play as a warrior? as a guardian i remember i had a cool down of 60 seconds during battle, none outside of it, and yes its primordial to do that.

and yes Bunny, else you'ld end up figthing naked, like a ranger in a DE, she ended up all naked

Bored_Teddy_Bear

You are referring to the cool down between swapping weapons correct? I think I messed up that post, and that it varies between the professions; as you said. Thanks for pointing that out, I wouldn't want anyone having the wrong idea because I screwed up ^^;

Speaking of money;

22- When you receive mail after completing an area quest (the golden hearts on the map), be sure to take the money attached to the letter before deleting it

Big_Bad_Bunny

23 - GW2 comes with 5 character slots.
24 - Entering the Mists automatically converts your character, even a new character, to level 80 (maximum). There is no difference between your PvE and PvP characters, whoever you enter the Mists with gets temporarily converted to PvP and converted back when you leave the Mists. Your equipment does not automatically upgrade and locked slots on your bar do not automatically unlock in WvWvW, in 5 on 5 these restrictions may not apply.

Lore

Big_Bad_Bunny wrote:
24 - Entering the Mists automatically converts your character, even a new character, to level 80 (maximum). There is no difference between your PvE and PvP characters, whoever you enter the Mists with gets temporarily converted to PvP and converted back when you leave the Mists. Your equipment does not automatically upgrade and locked slots on your bar do not automatically unlock in WvWvW, in 5 on 5 these restrictions may not apply.

that point we would have to check again next BWE, becuase when i went to the mist, even though i was in the mist lobby, i got upped to lvl 80 from 17, i got all the skills including elite (which unlocks at 30) at my disposition, and when i checked my items they said "pvp staff" and "pvp armor" with some other name added, like soldiers armor or so, but again, i was at the lobby waiting for entry to the mists, so maybe that place doesnt count for WvWvW

25.- reviving wins the battles, even reviving npcs changes the tides (you also get nice exp, which was higher compared to combat kill exp)
26.- when participating in a DE against a large monster, its best to attack the creature from behind (unless it has a tail) as most of its attacks will be goign towards the front

Bored_Teddy_Bear

In the lobby, yes, I got everything, but when I entered WvW it was set back to the original items and skills I had

"The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed."-King Leonidas, 300

Lore

very well, i stand corrected, thanks for confirming.

Bored_Teddy_Bear

I'd say it's worth double checking ^_^; that's just how it was when I finally got in

"The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed."-King Leonidas, 300

Big_Bad_Bunny

27 - The annoying waste of energy and the resultant wait for a skill to recharge because you attempted to use it on a target that was too far away can easily be avoided by mechanics already in the game. If the skill number (lets say the number under the skill on slot four) is white, you current target is in range of that skill, if it's red, you are out of range.

Reference: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/573- ... ps-tricks/. This article has MUCH that belongs in this thread, well worth reading.

28 - For dunces like myself who have not noticed yet, http://www.gw2db.com/, which has been mentioned many times by many others, actually does have GOBS of wonderful information. If you want to rock GW2 next beta, read up!

Lore

Lore wrote:
Bored_Teddy_Bear wrote:

that may be only for warrior classes, did you play as a warrior? as a guardian i remember i had a cool down of 60 seconds during battle, none outside of it, and yes its primordial to do that.

and yes Bunny, else you'ld end up figthing naked, like a ranger in a DE, she ended up all naked

i stand corrected, i tried to test it in the stress test event, the cooldown was not a minute, but around the 5-6 second mark.

BoredTeddyBear

Some greater details on PvP through tasks performed today.

29- In WvWvW, a character has the same exact items and skills as that character did in PvE. The only difference is, there are stat boosts that are supposed to help the character be more up to par with the level 80 characters. For obvious reasons though, a real level 80 will generally be more powerful. I have attached a screenshot showing the screen in WvWvW, which has my regular items and everything on except the bonuses to the character's stats.

30- In the team battles form of PvP I have only so far seen a strict "capture and hold the position" style of battle. In this though, you are given maximum armor, weapons, and all possible skills. In team battles a loss gained the guild 2 influence and a win gains the guild 5. (It's beta, don't trust those numbers too much)

31- There are siege weapons in PvP that can be created by using blueprints that are bought from an npc. Blueprints are one use only. Using this blue prints gives you an item (looks like a crate) that you can deploy, or put back into your inventory (goes back in the form of a blueprint again). When deployed, the item can NOT be moved, except the GOLEM suit (which you would go inside of). after deloyment, the proper amount of supplies to build the item must be added. Only one person may operate any of them at a time. I personally tried out the trebuchet, cannon, arrow cart, and mortar. A single character can only carry 10 supplies at a time (at least mine could) and items often need more than that. The trebuchet required 100.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down