HERO Ventrilo Server

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HERO Ventrilo Server

Post by Ravenscroft on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:36 pm

NOTE: Downgraded from News of the Realm to Normal per The Court 27DEC2014.

HERO Currently has a 25 user Ventrilo server available for members to use while playing.

Download the Ventrilo client here.

Once you have installed the client you can click to connect to server and add our Server to your favorites.

Ventrilo Server Manual Configuration Information

Label: HERO
Address: Juno.MaxFrag.net
Port: 3804
Username: Please use your community name, ie in-game account name (without the 4 digits).

Once in Ventrilo, (configuration in progress, please pardon our dust, as it were).

Click on the arrow to the right of User Name and click new, a pop up box will ask you to set up the name you wish to be known as. Click ok and then you can define a phonetic name so that the server can pronounce your name correctly. Once you're satisfied hit ok. Now click the arrow to the right of Server and click NEW. A pop up box will ask you to set up the nickname for the Server you are going to connect to. Click ok and then enter the Hostname as Juno.maxfrag.net and the Port Number as 3804. There is no password so leave that blank. Hit OK and you're ready to connect. Once you're in the server, you can set up your keybindings, device inputs and outputs, and notification preferences in the SetUp page. You will need to leave the lobby by double clicking on a channel name to join in the fun.  

IF you are unable to connect using the manual configuration above, you may attempt to connect using this hotlink.

UPDATED FOR VENTRILO: 3/17/2013 by UnBunny

Last edited by The Unbunny on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:15 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : NLA per The Court 27DEC2014)
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Re: HERO Ventrilo Server

Post by The Unbunny on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:02 am

Ventrilo is down this morning.  Submitted ticket #MUO-097378.  Expect prompt service.
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unbunny on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:53 am

Our Ventrillo server has never been the major connector it was intended to be.  The SBI teamspeak server seems to be more reliable.  The annual maintenance cost to us for the SBI server is $20 less, money that could gain us other assets (website support?).  The integration of HERO into the world of SBI would leap forward. 

As a Duke, I hereby call the question: Do we formally abandon our Ventrillo server in favor of a channel on SBI.Bounceme.(whatever it is)?

For the Record, I vote "Yes."
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft on Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:12 pm

I support this change. and will see if i can get in contact with the admins at TS to get the channel set up.
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Infernum Maximus on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:22 am

Also agree, especially if there is another option available with more diverse applications.

Infernum Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Scribe on Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:54 am

3 of 4 active Courtiers - motion carries.
The Scribe

Location : In the Archives and Catcombs of the Realm. You'll never see me, but you'll see my work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top