Knights of the Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GUILD ARMOR

2 posters

Go down

GUILD ARMOR Empty GUILD ARMOR

Post by The Unbunny Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Bunni Zu Heltzer recently bought a second Guild Armor skin with the intent to complete Guild Armor for use in the new Guild-targeted content that will release soon (to show our colors). Since I already own Guild Vestments, I was going to make leggings and work out inexpensive but attractive and distinctive colors to recommend for adoption by our guild. (AHEM!...)

I bought the skin for 1g 0s 0c and double clicked it to apply it to the leggings I was going to use and found that it can only be applied to tops. Since Bunni already has a top, this was an expensive lesson and I post here to prevent anyone else having to learn it so expensively!

That said, this seems a great time to kick off the guild colors discussion. It seems obvious to begin with a suggestion that we make our Guild Armor colors agree with our website, however asking everyone to invest in black and cyan (whatever the GW2 equivalent of that is) is rather pricey.

A note is in order here. It is impossible to buy Guild Armor unless you are representing a Guild which has Guild Armor unlocked at the time. Guild Armor will only show the insignia of the Guild it was purchased from; the armor will sho no insignia at all if the wearer is not representing the Guild they bought it from.

I suggest that acceptably priced substitutes be identified and that they be made available at guild expense to players who make the investment in Guild Armor from the HERO guild. If someone pays 1g 0s 0c for Guild Armor, it seems reasonable for HERO to buy them, say, Iron and Country Blue or whatever dyes we agree to use. Hopefully a game mechanic will be implemented that allows Guild leadership to set Guild Armor colors and make the dye-color part of this discussion a moot point...

Last edited by The Unbunny on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

GUILD ARMOR Empty Re: GUILD ARMOR

Post by Ravenscroft Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Im not sure how i feel about asking everyone to dye their armor to match the guilds theme. I suppose it would be a fun thing to do for events or as a temporary party thing, as I imagine you intended it to be, but like you said it could be a little pricey.

Perhaps the Duchess of Design can weigh in on what she thinks the guild colors might be. One suggestion I have is to match the guild Icon colors which are black and white. An added plus to this is that many of our members have already chosen black and white as their color scheme.

there are many dyes that could be used to achieve that effect. Iron, chaulkboard, silver, icing, fluff, blue ice.

If I remember right iron is like a 30Silver dye nowadays so we could be asking the guild to find a substantial amount of money. Given current mumble participants though we might only be working with a fraction of the membership in this.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unbunny Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Important to remember is that Im not suggesting anyone change the colors on their favorite set of armor. The Guild Armor idea (which could end up shot-down with out hurting my feelings) is to give us a uniform in situations where we want a high profile for competitive or recruiting purposes. It would be good for the Guild competitions A-net has announced as soon-to-come and for world invader events like dragons where several of us would show up together among dozens of non-guildies and attract attention for recruitment.

Last edited by The Unbunny on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravenscroft Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:44 am

Agreed. Worth consideration surely.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft