INFLUENCE BUG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INFLUENCE BUG

Post by The Unbunny on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 pm

There is a known bug that affects influence accumulation and we have been doing it wrong!

BUG: Influence earned while on an overflow server does not accrue to our guild on our Homeworld server.

ORIGIN: This is an extension of the intentional game design feature that prevents a guild's influence earned on one world applying to that guild on other worlds.

APPLICATION: When we zone and see the pop-up advising us that we are in an overflow district, we acknowledge it and go on our mwerry way, which may mean earning influence that accumulates on the overflow server. WHEN WE ARE PROMPTED TO JOIN THE HOMEWORLD SERVER, some of us have adopted the habit of leaving the queue so we can continue with what we are doing. This is costing us much influence.

RECOMMENDATION: We should immediately all adopt personal practices of moving to the homeworld as soon as it is available.
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Re: INFLUENCE BUG

Post by Ravenscroft on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Seconded and edited to make the bottom line more notable.

this is a significant concern for a guild as small as ours.
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Bored Teddy Bear on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Very good to know
Bored Teddy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieJess on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:07 pm

This seems like something that ANet should fix - It's not like we can choose to stand around and wait to join our homeworld every time we want to do something that accrues influence.
BlondieJess
Duchess of Design
Duchess of Design

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unbunny on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:49 am

It is a software issue. Because the software is written to prevent influence traveling from one server to another (to prevent guilds moving at random which would be the worst sort of trolling) it is consequently impossible to migrate influence from the overflow server to a homeworld server. Given the horrible alternatives I can imagine trolls perpetrating, I choose the A-net limitation.
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum