Knights of the Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chef Observations

2 posters

Go down

Chef Observations Empty Chef Observations

Post by Ravenscroft Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:24 pm

Obviously the Chef profession allows you to combine all of the harvest ingredients into yummy consumables that give temporary boosts to your stats etc during gameplay.

But there is another use for this profession that many have probably overlooked. As far as I am aware this profession is the only way to create dyes in GW2 outside of finding them or purchasing them.

By combining large quantities of ingredients you can make an unidentified dye to unlock on your account.

For example 25 beets and 25 blueberries combine to become an unidentified common blue dye which will unlock a dye color from the blue spectrum. Many of the colors have masters equivalents that give you chances for uncommon colors as well. It appears to be quite expensive from a materials perspective but it gives you another thing to do with all of those mats besides filling your fridge. I am unsure if you will be able to trade these or not but I would expect that you can just as you can share the food you create.
Ravenscroft
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Chef Observations Empty Re: Chef Observations

Post by The Unbunny Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:11 pm

I never thought of my Barbarian as a dye-maker. Food to feul the beast, maybe, but not a dye-maker,...
The Unbunny
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down