About Guilds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About Guilds

Post by The Unbunny on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Guilds can contain up to 100 members across any number of home worlds. However, members can only participate in WvW together if they belong to the same world. To join a guild, open the guild panel, choose the "management" tab, select the guild from the list, and press the "Join Guild" button. Players can accept invitations to multiple guilds. To decline an invitation or leave a guild, select the guild and choose, "leave guild."

Members earn influence for the guild that they represent by being present and participating in activities. The more members that participate together, the faster the guild gains influence, which can be used to purchase upgrades for the guild in four categories.

The guild's leadership can specify the type of access each rank has to storage, for example allowing anyone to add items, but only allowing officers to remove them from the stash and only leaders to remove items from the trove or cave. In addition, the shared storage panel offers an audit trail, show who has added or removed each item and at what time.

ArenaNet has stated that they plan to allow for guilds to be larger than 100 members and is considering whether to set any limit at all.

During BWE1 and BWE2 Guild creation was free. (Does this mean it won't always be free?)
The Unbunny
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed
Duke of Oh Look I Agroed

Back to top Go down

Re: About Guilds

Post by Ravenscroft on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:48 pm

I would not be surprised if after launch guilds are founded with a Karma purchase. This seems like it would be in keeping with the theme of the game and would require the player who founds the guild to have begun their path towards becoming a hero to the people of Tyria.

I would also not be surprised if they left Guilds free on the basis that it promotes group play and everything else in guild acquisition requires such an investment.
Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft
Duke Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top